CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 20, 2011

Solving Equations

The Common Core Standards---did anyone read through math and start to have a mini panic attack?  (Okay, an almost major panic attack?!?)  I think they are a fantastic idea, don't get me wrong, but the 5th grade standards are WAY challenging.  They really stress algebra in 5th grade so I've been on the look out for some interactive ways to practice.  How is everyone else dealing with the incorporation of the new standards?  Are they similar to what your state already has or way different like in ND?

Here's what I found---



I like that it gives the students spots for the missing number instead of throwing an x or a y right away.  I think this would be a great starter activity...   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...